This class is appropriate for anyone with children that is divorced or in the process of divorce. It may also be helpful for parents that are co-parenting with another individual or family. This class meets the requirements of most courts. A certificate of completion is provide at the end of the class. Please check with your jurisdiction for specific approval. The following topics are covered:
- How to communicate with your children about divorce
- Expected effects of the divorce on your children
- Conflict Resolution Skills
- Effective Communication Skills
- Parenting Styles
- Single Parenting
- Preparing for Challenging Scenarios
- How to recognize the need for professional help
- How to care for yourself as well as your children
The online class requires passing a multiple choice test at the end. Once the test is complete, there will be short class evaluation, and then you will immediately be able to print out your certificate.
For more information about Colorado’s co-parenting education laws (and Colorado divorce and family resource information) see the Colorado Divorce and Mediation website: www.coloradodivorcemediation.com.